Monday, September 26, 2005

Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough

I heard this song on the radio today. I dreamed about him, was thinking about him, and then I heard this. I know I've been putting a lot of song lyrics up here lately, but I'm no poet. I'm a vocalist and finding songs that fit my mood always comes naturally. I told a friend that when she's having a hard time making decisions, listen to the voices around her, the tried and true voices of wisdom, support, and love. I think that's a bit of advice I should be taking myself right now. As much as I want him back in my life, I really don't. It was great while it lasted, but it's over.

Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough

Now, I don't want to lose you, but I don't want to use you
just to have somebody by my side.
And I don't want to hate you,
I don't want to take you, but I don't want to be the one to cry.

And that don't really matter to anyone anymore.
But like a fool I keep losing my place
and I keep seeing you walk through that door.

But there's a danger in loving somebody too much,
and it's sad when you know it's your heart you can't trust.
There's a reason why people don't stay where they are.
Baby, sometimes, love just aint enough.

Now, I could never change you, I don't want to blame you.
Baby, you don't have to take the fall.
Yes, I may have hurt you, but I did not desert you.
Maybe I just want to have it all.

It makes a sound like thunder, it makes me feel like rain.
And like a fool who will never see the truth,
I keep thinking something's gonna change.

(Chorus)

And there's no way home, when it's late at night and you're all alone.
Are there things that you wanted to say?
And do you feel me beside you in your bed,
there beside you, where I used to lay?

And there's a danger in loving somebody too much,
and it's sad when you know it's your heart they can't touch.
There's a reason why people don't stay who they are.
Baby, sometimes, love just ain't enough.

Baby, sometimes, love... it just ain't enough.

~Don Henley
I had a pretty bad and good weekend. Last night I went out to dinner with an incredible person. For my study abroad trip this summer, I chose to go with a program called ISA. ISA sent two American directors from their offices to the Dominican with us to meet up with a Dominican director. Well, one of my directors was at our main campus (an hour south) to sit at a study abroad fair. So, we went out to dinner last night and had a spectacular time. Sometimes I forget that I can go out with a male and just relax and enjoy the evening. Between forgetting to decide what we wanted for dinner several times, sitting at our table long after the bill had been paid, and standing in the parking lot as it slowly cleared we talked about just about everything under the sun, well moon by that point. Today I drove down to spend some time with him at the table at the fair. It was INCREDIBLY boring and the people weren't the nicest. I suggested to him to come to the Honors College where we all have to either do a study abroad or internship to graduate. So we talked about that for a bit and now it sounds like I'm going to be a student representative. He's trying to make it a paid position and trying to work everything out. How cool!!! It was really sad to say good-bye to him, though. He's a little piece of a place I've come to know as "home."

Today I'm exhausted from being out too late last night. My room's a MESS and the pile of laundry is getting pretty high. Oh, and I stink. I think I'm going to attend to my cleanliness issues and try to do some catch up reading before I pass out from shear exhaustion. Sweet dreams, world!

3 comments:

  1. All and all my dear Tina I would say you are moving on with yoru life. Although I would love to see you write your own poetry .. because poetry is in all of us, I accept the lyrics because like you say, some folks know how to put your feelings on paper.

    Don't worry so much about how hard it is to move pass your ex .. if the sex was good that would make it even harder. You will get there in your own time, and it will be right on time.

    Glad new doors are opening up for you to move forward --- take care and know that you are always in my thoughts.

    By the way, since you said you were taking a vacation from Blogging and attending to your homework, it seems you are like me, you have found a balance for both. I knew you would. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that song. Funny how someone else's words can perfectly describe how you're feeling!

    A paid position would be a graet thing but if not the experience will be good for you.

    Now, clean your room and take a bath!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ::blushes:: ummm, I'm pleading the 5th on LP's comment. Actually, I wouldn't know if it was or wasn't good. I've got no point of comparison.

    I was only taking a mini vacation from blogging and now I'm limited on the amount of time I'm allowed to be online. It's working out pretty well, but I'm still trying to catch up on my past reading.

    Snavy- I love that you always stop by. I lurk on your site(s), but can never come up with anything to say. I did take a shower last night, but never got around to cleaning. When I woke up for work at 5:30 this morning I was so disgusted I hurried and cleaned as much as I could before I had to leave.

    ReplyDelete