Thursday, September 22, 2005

Everything's Alright

Try not to get worried, try not to turn on to
Problems that upset you, oh.
Don't you know
Everything's alright, yes, everything's fine,
And we want you to sleep well tonight.
Let the world turn without you tonight.
If we try, we'll get by, so forget all about us tonight.

Sleep and I shall soothe you, calm you, and anoint you...
Myrrh for your hot forehead, oh.
Then you'll feel
Everything's alright, yes, everything's fine.
And it's cool, and the ointment's sweet
For the fire in your head and feet.
Close your eyes, close your eyes
And relax, think of nothing tonight.

~Jesus Christ Super Star

2 comments:

  1. I'm not fond of the message of this play, but I do enjoy the music. This song is particularly important to me because I get myself so worked up about things. The world can turn without me, so I just need to chill out and breathe sometimes.

    ReplyDelete