Wednesday, November 16, 2005

A not so sad day

Five years ago today God called a very special little girl home. While we were only related by love, I was still her big sissy and she my little sissy. Her life was short and well lived. She, nor any of us, took a single day of her life for granted. In years past, this was a hard day for me, filled with tears and sadness. While I've been thinking about her more lately, dreaming too, I find that today is more nostalgic bordering on bittersweet. I will always love her and eventually will be able to hold her in my arms again. But for now, I trust that God will craddle her until the rest of us arrive. I would say Rest In Peace to my dearest little sissy, but I know that's not what she's doing. Her earthly life confined her in so many ways. I know she's spending her days dancing and singing and running and playing. So, live on in peace and joy my sweet angel.

She was put here for a reason, to touch lives, to change people, to affect things we'll never understand. She did what she was put here to accomplish and God called her home where she could be free from her aliments, a reward for her hard work on earth...

Katelyn Joyce Harper 2/14/1990-11/16/2000
Sisters Forever

4 comments:

  1. Awwwwww ! I lost a sister as well . She was just a baby (age 5 mos.) and I was 7 . *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very beautiful! Love & Hugs to you sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. may the wonderful memories you hold be a comfort to you. and may she dance and skip and run and jump in peace and joy till you meet again

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the love ladies!! I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete