Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Pack Rat

Okay, I always knew I was a pack rat, but I never really realized how true that really was. I don't think there's a school paper, McDonald's toy, or any other random artifact from the time I was 15 (when I moved in with my mom) until now that I HAVEN'T thrown out. I went through BOXES and BOXES of shiznit!! Happy memories, sad memories, bittersweet, and stuff I can't for the live of me remember what significance it might have had at one point in time. It's amazing what your room looks like when you've never really lived in it. I mean, of course this is my home and I spend a total of a couple months a year here, but we moved into this house after I started college. Every time I come home, I just pile my school boxes ontop of the unpacked moving boxes. I wonder what it's going to be like when I try to move out. . . completely. If all goes according to plan, I'll find out this time next year.

I think the most interesting thing I found was MY PASSPORT!!!! That just might come in handy when I leave the country next week, maybe. Apparently the 17 year-old me decided I was going to be grown up and hold on to it myself instead of letting my mom keep it with my SS card, birthcertificate, ya know important stuff. It's been officially missing since December. Well, somehow it wound up in a box of highschool graduation stuff--the last place I would have thought to look. It's a good thing I pulled that box off the top shelf of my closet and decided to go through ALL my boxes. Apparently it's been missing since summer of 2002...go figure!

I'm finally getting over this cold, YAY!! Talked to Tracy now that he's back in Parker, where they actually have cell towers. The mountains may be beautiful (and have hospitals short on cardiac staff) but they aren't much for helping people stay in touch.

Time for a full week!! So much fun followed by getting ready to go far, far away!!
Oceans apart day after day
And I slowly go insane
I hear your voice on the line
But it doesn't stop the pain

No comments:

Post a Comment